Career Counselling & Life Transition
You may feel that you are at a turning point in your life and you are anxious about what the future holds.
Maybe you are experiencing a change or would like a change in your lifestyle, relationship or career.
Stressful life transitions include:
- Separation or divorce
- Redundancy, unemployment, financial stress
- Changes in family structure, parenting
- Moving to a new location or job
- Desire for a career change or way to make a living
- Sudden or chronic illness
- Dealing with the death of a loved one
Managing any of the above life transitions is usually stressful, often fearful and may bring up emotions from previous experiences.
Seeing a therapist during a Life Transition may bring you an opportunity to evolve and grow, while you explore your fears and desires for the future and look at your identity in new ways.
You often discover strengths and resilience that you didn’t know you had.
A career counselling session will include identifying your strengths, goals, values and personality type in order to help guide you in the right direction.
Using the Myers Briggs Indicator assessment for personality types we can help to guide you into the career path most suited to your personality type, skills, strengths and values.
- Gain clarity around your goals
- Overcome mental barriers to change
- Identify your personality type and the kind of work you are suited to
- Identify your skills, strengths and values
- Assistance with finding employment and resumes