Anxiety & Stress
You may be feeling overwhelmed, distressed, emotionally distraught and perhaps at a point you feel you cannot function normally as you are used to. Maybe you are suffering bouts of anger or panic and are having difficulty controlling your behaviour. Anxiety and stress are normal responses to challenging situations.
Counselling involving Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Mindfulness and Relaxation techniques, as well as exploring the causes, can help.
You might be feeling deep sadness, loneliness and a lack of motivation to keep going, and / or a growing lack of confidence.
If this is the case, counselling can help you to:
- Feel calmer and feel understood
- Identify your anxiety triggers
- Better understand what causes and maintains your anxiety or depression
- Recognise and overcome limiting beliefs, negative self-talk and mental barriers
- Improve your ability to manage stress through healthy coping strategies such as mindfulness, meditation & activities you enjoy
- Increase your confidence and your courage to set boundaries or express needs
If you are depressed you may be feeling hopeless and that you have no control over your life or future and you cannot see a way through.
You may lack the energy and motivation to get through each day & often feel emotional and irritable. Ultimately you are not able to function normally.
Depression is often the result of a combination of long term difficulties such as job loss, family problems and uncaring relationships, or may relate to a trauma in earlier life. Depression can also be a genetic illness.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for depression as well as a person centred approach may help alleviate symptoms as well as understanding the causes and what is keeping you stuck.
Through therapy you can also learn which behaviours and thoughts maintain the depression and strategies to change these.